Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My friends

DSCF4393

Dress: maxandcleo.  Watch: Guess.  Ballet flats: Steve Madden.

I’m working another wedding event tonight and am wearing my trusty Steve Madden ballet flats. 

I love my heels to pieces, but they just won’t do for a night of working 4-5 hours on my feet. 

The first time I helped out at one of these events, I wore 2-3 inch heels (which is pretty low for me!!) and I ended up being SO uncomfortable that night.  Never again.  Ballet flats, you are my friend.  Of course, a dress with trusty stretch material (i.e. wrinkle free!) and enough pattern to negate any major jewelry requirement is also my good friend  :)

10 comments:

Kiki said...

Way cute! I love this.

Lesa said...

I love flats and your dress is stunning.

sayablack said...

What a gorgeous dress!!

XX

eek said...

Beautiful! Great flats too - I love that they are pointy, which makes them more sophisticated than just simple ballet flats.

Carla said...

cute!!! love the dress AND the flats!

~Hurricane B~ said...

Love that pop of red. What do you do at these events anyways? If you do not mind me asking.

Lini said...

Great print, love the dress!

Londyn said...

I actually manage a photo booth :)

It's fun easy work for some $$ on the side!

Elegance Personified said...

I help out at a lot of weddings, too. It started as a hobby with a friend's wedding back in summer of 2004, then another friend's wedding and then I practically planned my entire wedding (mine was in June 2005.) I do it every now and then now as I don't have a lot of time working two jobs and all. But this summer one of my bst and oldest friends got married and I helped her out A LOT. I did all her flowers arrangaments and bouqets, invitations, center pieces, church decorations and such, among other things. What kind of help do you do at weddings? Is it random people or acquintances or friends of yours?

Londyn said...

I help w/ photos. I work through a company that an old colleague of mine owns.