Sunday, June 13, 2010

3… 2… 1… Shoot!

Dress: Fredrick’s.  Shoes: Steve Madden.  Necklace: Macy’s.  Purse: Bath & Body Works.

DSCF4402

I had the opportunity to do a shoot for a CincyChic bloggers special that’s coming up in July.  It was so much fun!  I was supposed to wear a fashionista outfit for the pictures… no pressure right?

I chose this look because it was fun colorful and I felt like it was a pretty good representation of the style I typically go for.  To be honest, I never spend too much time thinking about what I’m going to wear – I just wear what feels good to me in that moment, so here it is.

DSCF4408

Can you believe this handbag is from Bath & Body Works?!?  I’ve had it forever, and bring it out every now and then.  It’s a little small and doesn’t fit a lot in it, but it’s a great little pop of color and perfect for summer lovin.

DSCF4413

Macy’s has a line of really fun chunky summery jewelry right now.  This necklace ended up being a perfect match to my all-American / sailor look today.

DSCF4409 

You know I lurve my heels…

DSCF4405

My favorite thing about this dress is that it has pockets!!  I think all dresses and skirts should have pockets.  It’s the way God intended things to be.

DSCF4403

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe I'm the first one to comment! This outfit is super adorable!!! Congratulations-on the shoot with CincyChic. I Love the chunky necklace from Macy's too- Did the red belt come with the dress or did you come up with that cute idea?

eek said...

Wonderful dress! You look smashing, as always!

Lorena said...

This is so pretty and totally nautical :)

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! I adore this dress.

Pursuit of Matching Accessories said...

LOVE the dress!!!

jamie said...

YES! All dresses and skirts should have pockets!

Anna said...

Totally agree. All dresses should have pockets! I love pockets so much, even my bridesmaids dresses had them.

Elegance Personified said...

WOW I love this look, especially the striped retro-halter with the "stare t me" red bow tie. Does that come with the dress or not? You look like a picnic bouqet and that is a COMPLIMENT!!

Londyn said...

The red belt came with it!