Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rainbow Bright

DSCF4199

 

This outfit was a basic throw-something-on, I-don’t-really-care sort of outfit, except that it’s pretty bright… maybe even rainbow bright…

Who here remembers Rainbow Bright?  The cartoon character in the 80’s with all the brightly colored clothes?  Well, yes, I admit – I felt a little rainbow bright today, and I liked it.  If I only had a blond wig and a mini skirt - I would have been really rolling in rainbow style!

DSCF4199 - Copy

 

rainbow-brite-600x354

Left pic = original classic rainbow bright.  Right pic = modern version of made-over rainbow bright. 

DSCF4197

11 comments:

Healthy and Homemade said...

what an awesome little surprise! why does the modern rainbow brite look more hookerish? =/

Sal said...

I totally remember Rainbow Brite! And she'd be enamored of those shoes.

Kasmira said...

I totally remember Rainbow Brite - and the makeover appals me.

Andie said...

I love those shoes! where from?

Becky said...

I used to love Rainbow Bright! And My Little Ponies! I think they showed them back-to-back along with the Care Bears. Great shoes!

Kellie said...

I love those shoes! I must find a pair like them! :)

Amanda said...

I love you style, I have a fashion blog too.

Lorena said...

I like the old version. The new ones does seem a little "prostitutional" .. I had my bedroom covers with Rainbow Brite ! Has it been that long ?
BTW those are a kick ass pair of shoes.

Londyn said...

HA! I wasn't going to say anything, but I totally thought the made-over version look hoochie!

Jody said...

Love the shoes and Rainbow Brite! My husband came home with a new bike for our 3 year old daughter and it was Rainbow Brite! I laughed. She's newer version, but not quite as hooker-ish as the one you have here...

~Hurricane B~ said...

Looooved Rainbow Brite. I also loved Rose, and all her flower friends, My Little Ponies, Gummie Bears, The popples, Care Bears, She- ra, Jem etc etc. We had it made for cartoons. The one now a days just dont cut it.=) Thankfully there is the Cartoon Network Boomarang channel.You can get all the oldies.