Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Follow the dress

DSCF4201DSCF4205 

It was so lovely out today!  I actually started out on the wrong side of the bed this morning… I had been out at the Red’s game the previous night (they won!) which was a ton of fun, but I didn’t sleep well and had a lot on my mind.  And my nerves from “stuff” going on lately was actually making me feed ill   :(

Even when I’m not in my normal happy mood, I still try and dress cheerfully and I find it helps.  What could be more cheerful than this red printed dress?  It always feels fun and fancy with the bright pattern and silk tie.

Thankfully, the day took cue from my dress and turned around quite nicely.  I took a long lunch and sat outside at a nice little downtown park, I left work at 4:55pm (mark the record books people!) to get home a bit earlier than normal, and got to run and workout while the sun was still out.  Finally, I treated myself to a fabulous Dewey’s inferno buffalo chicken pizza and am about to watch some mindless tv (new moon anyone?).

12 comments:

Andie said...

this is a great dress! I have plans to wear a red print dress tomorrow myself! :)

Healthy and Homemade said...

So glad your day turned out awesome! Loving this dress, so gorgeous on you. It's truly a happy dress.

DaShannon said...

may is my most stressful month and dressing pulled together helps me feel pulled together. I love red!!

Branka said...

I love this dress. Love love love it! You always look great in a dress darling, well done.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

That dress is really fantastic! I'm glad that your day turned around and that you got to go for a run in the sunshine!

Sal said...

Whew, that dress is too fabulous for words!

Lesa said...

Gorgeous, I love the sash!

Becky said...

You look gorgeous! I applaud you for trying to dress cheery when you're just feeling blah. I'm bad about dressing my moods, which means when I feel blah, I look blah. I should try your way!

Anonymous said...

This dress looks stunning on you. Where did you get it from? cropu

Londyn said...

Thanks! The brand is "do & be" and I got it a couple years ago from jane.com

gina said...

Beautiful dress. Looks great on you!

~Hurricane B~ said...

Bravo. I have a bad habit of dressing as my mood fits. I do try to be colorful here in rainy springtime Belgium. Sometimes it is just easier to wear something warm and a pair of wellies. I love this print on you. You are so good with the bold looks. I hope that you have more evenings like this one. Get off early, do stuff for you.