Monday, May 10, 2010

Coming out of the closet … (my shoes!)

DSCF4256DSCF4250 

I decided to take my sexy shoes out of hiding!  Instead of hiding them under work pants, I’m putting them right out in the open – shocking!  I know…

I did actually purchase these shoes with the intent that they would be “going out” shoes, however, they’ve been collecting dust in my closet for a month now – so I just went ahead and wore them to work.  I kept the colors neutral and wore a conservative dress (vintage thrift find), so I figured that would balance out the sexier shoe (BCBG).

Little did I know what a hit they would be!!  I received several compliments on them throughout the day (from both men and women!), so they definitely made good on their first work debut.

DSCF4249

10 comments:

DaShannon said...

i watched a DVR'ed Oprah today where the fashion guy said this year's statement shoes are like last year's statement bag! these are perfect~

~Hurricane B~ said...

As per par, I love your shoes. I like your dress too. I can not wait till I am back in the states and can go to all our awesome thrift stores, flea markets etc. =)

Carla said...

those shoes are hot!!

Meli22 said...

good idea- mixing a provacative shoe with conservative dress! I need to try this :)

susann said...

I love those and they really suite you - have a look at this site www.highheel-shoes.com for great shoes at really good prices

Sal said...

Glad you brought those out of hiding - they're AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shoes! Just out of noseyness, have you dyed your hair recently? It's such a lovely shade in todays pictures

Londyn said...

Thanks for noticing! Yes, I just dyed it this weekend :)

Corie said...

I love the shoes...I have a pair similar to those and I've been really hesitant in wearing them to work, but I think I will now!

Elegance Personified said...

They are hot shoes and they balance this conservative frock, well.