Thursday, April 8, 2010

On a quest….. can you help?

DSCF3899 DSCF3898

Yay for bare legs!  I’m still feeling “springy” and am loving the little bit of warmer weather we’ve experienced recently here in Cincinnati.

I felt a bit more overdone today than normal – tie top, stud detailing, belt, ruffle & polka dots on the shoes, etc.. it was a lot of “stuff” for me, but I decided to go with it and I ended up really liking the mix.

Black Studded Cardigan: INC.  Navy Silk Tie Top: Forever XXI.  Skirt: NY & Co.  Belt: gifted.  Shoes: Fioni.  Earrings: Macy’s.

DSCF3896

 

So yesterday is finally past and I was able to get up on the right side of the bed this morning.

It also helped to listen to “Bright Side of the Road” by Van Morrison and “Say Hey I Love You” by Michael Franti & Spearhead.  Seriously – I couldn’t help but smile and do a little jig  :)

Now my focus is to keep myself more active and busy outside of work.  That always helps me from getting overwhelmed about work and will keeps me energized and motivated overall. 

I’d like to get out and visit some of the extended Cincinnati area museums, parks, restaurants, shops, etc…

Any recommendations?  send them my way!

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oooh, cute outfit! I really like your belt and studded jacket especially. I just found your blog and I like your style! I added you to my blogroll :)

Lesa said...

The whole outfit is beautiful. Love the studded cardigan.

Lorena said...

This is a fun outfit and it shows !
Heck with "less is more"....

Carla said...

nice outfit! Love the skirt, belt and especially the shoes!!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I love the outfit and I'm glad you're having a better day today!

Even though I have been in Ohio for a few years, I've never really been to Cincinnati (just driven through), so I'm of no help. Sorry.

DaShannon said...

visit the Bonbonnerie... i can't imagine you've not been there before but they opened a new tea room. the shop across the street Kismet is cool. Northside shops are always good. what about the Spring Grove Cemetery that a good walk and sight treat... i can't think of anymore with my dog staring at me but i'll try and get back with a few more suggestions~

Londyn said...

Thanks DaShannon (and those who emailed too!)!

I LOOOOVE the Bonbonnerie and actually checked out their tea room on its opening weekend! It still needs to be bigger, but I'm glad their expanding! I need to go again. Ok - marking it on my calendar :)

I definitely need to check out Kismet again and I can't remember when I've been to the Northside shops - good suggestions!

Isn't it funny that a cemetery can be so beautiful (and huge)!?! I actually went on a 5+ mile walk there last weekend. That was my first time walking through there and I'll definitely be back soon!

Thanks again!

Elegance Personified said...

See I don't think at all, that this outfit is too much, especially for you, even for you. On the contrary. ;-) I'd actually wear every single piece here, and even together like you did. I love those polka dot shoes and that amazing bow-tie blouse again a great find from Forever 21.

I love this little cropped studded blazer. The little studs look like more luxurious polka dots creating fun patterns, and the lining inside the tot (with baby-blue polka dots) and the mini polka-dot peep-toes bring all the dots together. Also I liked the 3 blues mixed together. The skirt is a neutral, keeping the look more polished, yet showing off all the other beautiful things happening in your outfit. ;-)