Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Love

There were so many beautiful dresses at the Oscars (as always).  Here are a few of my favorites:

59836772

 

 

Beautiful feminine and delicate ruffles.  She looks like an angel!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Actress Deborah Ann Woll arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Awar

 

 

A sexy look in steel grey with fabulous beading – gorgeous!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Actress Kristen Stewart arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Award 

 

I love the sweetheart neckline, cinched waist and rusching galore!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Singer/actress Miley Cyrus arrives at the 82nd Annual Academy Aw

 

 

When she opens her mouth I cringe, but I have to admit that Miley looked utterly adorable in this glitzy gown.

 

 

 

 

 

 

59837153

 

 

My favorite combo – edgy and feminine.  I’d steal this dress in a heartbeat.  Although I think I’d wear it with red heels…

 

 

 

 

 

 

59836817

 

 

Ok – this last one took some getting used to, but I think I dig it!  I adore the top anyway and the bottom wacky tri-colored ruffles are growing on me!

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

Of the ones you showed here, I'd have to take the steel grey one! (Not that I'd be able to wear it, but.....)

BTW, I linked to your blog from my wardrobe blog today - re. jewelry, etc. Hope that's OK....

ShyGirl said...

I've been seeing Miley on a lot of the worst dressed lists but I thought her dress was really pretty too! And I love love love Carey Mulligan's!

Beatrice said...

Oh I loved Jennifer Lopez' gown. And Sandra Bullock's? WOW!!!!
Hey, could you believe Sarah Jessica Parker's was Chanel Couture? I would never have guessed.

Londyn said...

Rebecca - thanks for the link!

Beatrice - Jennifer, Sandra, and SJP looked gorgeous as always!! For me - they made the outfits! I'm not sure the dresses would've looked as good on anyone else.

Cheers for Chanel Couture!!! I wouldn't have known either.

WendyB said...

Wow, you found a new candidate for my "cement" post! You can call it steel...I'm sticking to cement!

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I thought Jennifer looked like she was wrapped in bubble wrap. To me, the dress was hideous. SJP looked like she was wearing a shower curtain with a crown on the top of it. I loved Carey's gown and Demi's the best. Queen Latifah also looked fab.

amyw said...

Miley is really growing up. Although I do agree about cringing the moment she speaks :)

shockadelica 81 said...

That tri-colored dress was really wack! Most of the dreeses were okay.I thought Queen Latifah's dress looked good.

shockadelica 81 said...

I think Miley is always trying to hard to look older!

Kel Ward Photography said...

I agree about Miley..don't want to hear her talk, but that dress is awesome!

Elegance Personified said...

A lot of fun & different looks at this year's Oscars. I agree with you on some of them. I looooooooooveeeeeeeeed Zoe Saldana's gown: so unique and beautiful, totally exciting, sassy, gorgeous & fun! So she took number one top honors for me this year with Carey Mulligan coming to a close second. She looked rocker yet glamorous and I loved the unique metal forks, knives & spoons adorning the dress, as well as the above-the-ankle length showing some fierce strappy black heels. I also loved what Cameron Diaz, Diane Krueger, Meryl Streep, Elizabeth Banks, Rachel McAdams, Helen Mirren, Penelope Cruz, Demi Moore & Nicole Richie. ;-) This was my top 10 list for this year's Oscars.

Elegance Personified said...

Oh and I forget to mention that Sandra Bullock looked Phenomenal. It was definitely HER OSCAR NIGHT. Zoe & Sandra looked the best and that rounds up my top 12 from Oscars 2010! =)