Friday, March 19, 2010

Men’s Wear

DSCF3795 Button Up: Liz Claiborne.  Tie: thrifted.  Skirt: Moda Int’l.  Shoes: Chadwicks.

 

It’s men’s wear inspired fashion this week!

I think the trick to women wearing men’s inspired fashion is to keep something feminine in the look.

I’ve had this tie FOREVER (a year?) and have always wanted to wear it but just never took the time to do it.  It did take a little pre-night outfit planning (and pleas to the boyfriend to teach me how to tie a tie) – but I did it!

When my boss popped her head in my office to say good morning, she stopped abruptly and said “Very fancy!  I love the look!”.  I knew she was a fashionista at heart…! 

 

 

DSCF3798DSCF3797 

Women wearing ties can be controversial -only because people typically love it or they hate it.  I, for one, LOVE it!!!

13 comments:

Carla said...

I LOVE it too!!! =)

gina said...

LOVE the tie!!! And all the soft grey colors. What a great look!!!

Julia said...

You pull this off effortlessly - you're glowing. I adore it on you!

xx

Liz said...

I had an assistant principal once who was the typical man's man, I'm sure when he went home he wuld call "Woman get me a beer and a sandwich." Never one had he commented on my clothing, I could have come to work in a sackcloth and ashes for all he cared. One day I wore a tie with a men's blazer and high waisted slacks. WHen he saw me coming uo the hall he stared and said, "Oh Annie Hall I get it, good movie." THat was it, then just kept walking. High praise indeed.

~Hurricane B~ said...

I agree, I think they reason it is love it or hate it is because, some look good in them, or pull them off. While Others....not so much. High Five this one was a pull off.=)

Natasha said...

Love it.

SomeoneLikeYou said...

I have been following your blog for quite some time and must say your style is exquisite! I really admire the way you dress.

L said...

Adorable!!!!

Lorena said...

I have had the tie idea in my head for sometime after seeing how another blogger sported it with a cardi... but I have not dared to yet... I have to say that yours looks pretty fab !

DivaInDeepThought said...

You know I have always wanted to try this look but thought it would look to masculine. I think the pencil skirt and stilettos... they do something to make the outfit more soft... sexy... but still it is a take notice outfit. I'm seriously impressed.

http://divaindeepthought.blogspot.com

FashionAddict said...

I lOVETH the look. That skirt works perfectly with it :)

Elegance Personified said...

I agree with you that this is quite controversial but I love this outfit and I love this look on you. You look polished, elegant, sharp and a little... French. There I said it, Mademoiselle. ;-)

Llamastrangler said...

I love it!!!