Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Floral with Pearls

DSCF3741DSCF3737 

Second day of embracing jewelry and here is my beef: I end up basing my outfit around it, which just feels restrictive…!  Mind you, I’m okay with basing an outfit around a fabulous pair of shoes, but I’m not quite there with jewelry yet. 

The issue is that I have a lot of tops with ties, ruffles, rusching, and detailing overall, so adding a necklace is difficult.  I had to seriously rummage through my closet to find something with a plain enough neckline to wear with this frilly necklace.

On the positive side, I love this necklace and I’ve had it for a while without finding something to wear with it, so I finally got to show it off!  It’s actually fabric made flowers with pearls inset for the center.

 DSCF3745 DSCF3744 DSCF3742

14 comments:

Lara said...

I almost always base my outfit around jewelry! Even if it is small. I Think I feel like it has to either be noticed the most or it is GOING to be noticed the most so I have to tone everything else down

Rebecca said...

I can see I'll never be able to keep up with you The necklace is most unusual - and I like it with the "lesser" black of your earrings....

suzydirl said...

That necklace is awesome!!

Suzanne
http://suzydirl.wordpress.com

Andie said...

that'a a great necklace.

I wear a lot of necklaces- in fact I have a HUGE collection of them-

my tip is you can always dress up a plain tee shirt or a basic dress with a great necklace!

I know what you mean about the ruffles, etc. I totally get it... but don't be afraid to try it out! :)

~Hurricane B~ said...

Well this was a home run, if you had to base it off the necklace then it worked. I like the pop of the red jacket. That nexklace got ocmments all day right? I would comment on it, ones such as " you should give it to me"..=) Happy Hump Day!

Totally Inspired said...

I love love looooove that necklace. and it looks great with the blue and black combo! NICE!

Kristen said...

I like your shoes...what brand? I am on the lookout for some gray shoes. :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

That necklace is really pretty. I also like your vest. This is a cute outfit. :)

Lorena said...

What a pretty piece... you ca also wear it as a head band...

Cafe Fashionista said...

Oh, what a fabulous ensemble! I have that very same ring! Loving the way accessories completely added a new personality to your look! :)

Science Chic said...

I think it's gorgeous. I use jewelry a lot, but I also don't have as many detailed tops. When I do combine them, I think of it as pattern mixing.

Londyn said...

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

Kristen - the shoes are Nicole Miller :)

FashionAddict said...

OMGOsh, that necklace is soooooo gorgeous! I adore this whole outfit.

Anonymous said...

love the acesseries
aprilbartlett48@yahoo.com