Thursday, March 4, 2010

Accessorizing

 DSCF3715 DSCF3714

Black ruffle bottom dress: Tiana B.  Lavender sparkle top: INC.  Sweater: It’s Our Time.  Booties: Dollhouse.  Belt: INC (match to a different top).  Tights: ??

Okay, so here’s the scoop on me and jewelry accessories – I LOVE jewelry.  I love to shop for it, I love to buy it, I love to simply look at it and how pretty it is…  However, when it comes to wearing jewelry, I tend to be a minimalist.  It just bugs me, and I often feel like it’s restricting, bulky / in the way, and overkill. 

Starting this weekend – I plan to do a full week of forcing myself to accessorize with jewelry, but for today, I accessorized how I normally do – with a belt, ruffles, tights, a little sparkle, and a fun shoe.

11 comments:

Julia said...

You look so young with your hair like that! I feel the same way about jewelry -- it tends to annoy my skin, but I so love looking at it!

Rebecca said...

I really, really, really like your hair style! Nothing wrong with minimalist. Especially when you have such a natural beauty.

CMA said...

LOVE the shoes
fabulous
thanks for sharing
love the blog, keep it up
and thanks for the sweet comments, means the world

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

unstoppablestyle said...

i love your conservative yet fashionable take on fashion. very nice!

http://unstoppablestyle.blogspot.com/

skapamusik said...

You look so effortlessly chic in this!

I have a similar issue with jewellery - I have loads of it that I adore and love - especially a lot that sparkles. I just forget to wear them or I have a hard time knowing what to wear with what. And I usually end up playing favourites with my pieces... I would love to be morecreative with jewellery.

~Hurricane B~ said...

I look forward to seeing your jewelry over this next week. However, I think you wear plenty and it goes well with your outfits. So maybe you have so many that you feel guilty that they are lonely. So that is what I would put it on, you are doing it for the pretty sparkles and baubles, they need to breathe.=)

daisychain said...

Your hair looks wonderful up like that,
and this is a great outfit..especially those purple shoes.

Lini said...

I thought I was the only one that was like that with accessories. I was always beat myself for not wearing more, but I think of Coco Chanel's theory of taking one piece off before heading out everytime time.

I love the burst of purple from the shoes. Fierce!

Eli said...

I feel the same way, I love getting jewelery then I hate putting it on!

Brittany D'Lynne said...

So simple and dressy and elegant, all at the same time. Pretty!

Elegance Personified said...

Those shoes are amazing, very attractive to the eye. This entire look is super cute and very doll-like. You would definitely get all the compliments and all the dates and get asked for your phone number a lot, in this. Is this a new LBD featuring amazing swirly ruffles on the bottom hem?