Monday, March 15, 2010

1 Dress – 2 Versions

I’ve worn this little thrift dress once before, and now that it’s a bit warmer – I figured I’d try it out again.  This dress is a somewhat boxy and the waist is quite big in the back, so it has to be worn with a belt if I want any shape defined.  Good thing I’ve got a lot of belts!

I knew I would love it with my new pattern tights and brown suede slouchy boots, but I wasn’t quite sure about the accessories so I tried 2 different versions.

Version 1: casual w/ brown & red accents.  Version 2: sailor style with nautical jewelry and a shiny red belt.

DSCF3765DSCF3767

Which do you prefer?  VOTE HERE

DSCF3764

 

 

This was my favorite  :)  I like the wood detailing of the necklace with the western feel of the belt and boots.  Plus I like how the brown details tie the look together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dress: thrifted.  Necklace: Macy’s.  Belt: thrifted.  Tights: Apostrophe.  Boots: Charlotte Russe.

9 comments:

Sal said...

Both so cute, but I LOVE the red belt!

Alyn said...

Good use of accessories!

Brittany B. said...

Love them both. If you don't mind me asking...where did you find the anchor necklace???

♥ SailorWifey

Stefanie said...

I love how one dress can have so many styles. They are both gorgeous! stef42678@cox.net

Kathryn said...

I love the nautical look, but I'm pretty traditional in my navy and white striped looks.

Kel Ward Photography said...

I think it looks cute both ways, but I like the nautical look better. In fact, I think you could take it a step further and wear some red shoes or something.

WendyB said...

Love the red.

Londyn said...

Brittany B. - I actually got it from Goodwill. I have to say a lot of my fabulous jewelry finds are thrifted!

I was happy to see that so many people liked the nautical look! I thought it might be just too "on the nose", but I guess not!

Brittany B. said...

That's one thing I miss about back home (Houston)...the many thrift stores. Thanks!

♥ SailorWifey