Thursday, February 11, 2010

I’m Over It!

DSCF3882DSCF3881

Blue Dress: Banana Republic.  Boots: Chadwicks.  Belt: Steinmart.  Tights: Macy’s.

DSCF3883

 

I’m over complaining about the cold! It’s so hard for me to dress in anything but boring sweaters when it’s cold outside, but at least the snow has stopped (for the moment) so I’m taking the opportunity to dress up a bit.

 

I lurve this blue dress, but it is seriously light fabric so I’ve only worn it in summer thus far.  However, I paired a more structured black short sleeve dress under it and it kept me warm all day (that and my boots and tights)!  I also liked that the black fabric showed at the bottom and broke up the blue of my dress and tights.

 

 

and… wait for it… – another version!

DSCF3868    

 

I actually started out with some different accessories to this outfit:

Necklace: Macy’s.  Belt: ??  Booties: Dollhouse.

… but of course went for the more classic / chic look above to actually wear to work. 

It was fun playing dress up, so I figured I’d show you the pic anyway!

 

 

 

 

 

Some close up accessory shots:

DSCF3875DSCF3874DSCF3878DSCF3877

19 comments:

Totally Inspired said...

yeaa.. what you ended up with was very chic! .. i likey!

~Hurricane B~ said...

I like that it has pockets. I like the belt from your "dress up" one, but glad you did the boots. I like that one better. Have a good weekend and Happy Valentines Day.

Wicked Thrifty- Formerly The Thrifty Stylist said...

the other accessories were fun (again with those purple booties- agh- do want) but what you chose was absolutely perfect. love this dress! what a color!

Sal said...

Dress layering is the perfect way to winterize a breezy summer frock! And I adore the studded belt.

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I have to tone it down for work sometimes too...darn work! you look fab!

Andie said...

Hail to the ladies who wear teal tights! ;)

I would have never thought to wear two dresses together. How fun is this look? I love this on you!

Becky said...

What great layering! That's a gorgeous shirt dress, and I don't blame you for wanting to wear it year round...way to make it work!

ShyGirl said...

I looove this outfit! I love the two layers. And that second necklace is GORGEOUS!

Heather Cross said...

Enter our Avenue Debut contest and win a chance at a $1000 Bloomingdale's shopping spree! Ends March 9th, 2010 at 5:00 PM CST. Check our site for more details: http://lvcmag.com/EditorsPickArticle.aspx?ArticleID=648

Healthy and Homemade said...

You look AMAZING in that color!!! I love the way you did two versions, I think they're both gorgeous! Gimme your dress, please & thank you =P

Beatrice said...

That dress is so beautiful, and the teal is CRAZY gorgeous on you! With your great hair color, jewel tones look fab on you!
What fabric is the dress? Looks like a cotton/satin or silk. If it's a thinner material, do you have problems with winter static? I do, adn I don't know what else to do other than wear something underneath, but dress layering I am not ready for yet. How do you deal with winter static?

Jennifer Fabulous said...

That dress is so beautiful! And that shade of blue is absolutely LOVELY on you! You always look so stunning in your photos. Lucky girl! ;)

I hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, teal is totally your color. Looks just fabulous on you! Jen

Julia said...

The colors are stunning -- I seriously want that dress!

xx

jesse.anne.o said...

I love that color and the layering. I love when you can winterize summer clothes. (Thanks for stopping by my blog, also!)

spezzella said...

love, love, love that blue dress! I think this is one of my favorite outfits of yours.

Style of a Fashionista said...

Thanks for your lovely comment and for following.

Love your blog too great layering and love the colour of your dress xoxo

Londyn said...

Beatrice - yes, you're right. It's a silk / satin blend of some sort - so yes, can be static-y...

Thankfully the dress underneath eliminated the static on this outfit, but for other times when I'm battling static - I typically depend on slips.

I have several of short skirt and dress slips, and they are definitely worthwhile purchases!

Rebecca said...

On you, two dresses work. On me, I fear they would look bulky and add the illusion of pounds I've worked to get rid of! Oh, for the day I could do what you've done and look as good!