Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Everybody was kung fu fighting!

DSCF3937

 

Velvet Blazer: Boutique Europa.  Blue Sheer Tie Top: Thrift.  Navy Trousers: NY & Co.  Shoes: Charles David.  Earrings & Necklace: Lia Sophia.

I watched the 70’s classic kung fu movie “Enter the Dragon” last night.  Other than being totally appalled by the women-waiting-on-men theme, it was an entertaining movie and I was randomly inspired by one of the hairstyles worn by the head woman. 

She wore it pulled up in a high bun with small hair pieces let down at the side.  I was able to modernize it a bit and I think it worked!  Maybe I’ll have to watch more kung fu…  Who would have thought…!

 

 

DSCF3939

 

 DSCF3941

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

The jacket is great - and I especially like the hair style as seen in the bottom picture!

Leah said...

Yeah, who would have thought? Love the hairstyle. xoxo

FromAbroad said...

Nice! Super awesome, that.

Sheila said...

I love Bruce Lee movies - the morality is often a little weird, but they have a certain charm.

sexylegsandbody said...

Hi, you have a brilliant blog, you have fantastic style and I love your pics.
You dress sense is very elegant and stylish and you always look stunning.

Love what you are doing with your blog, well done.

Best wishes and take care.
Colin.

Sal said...

Eeee! I love your hair like that - way to take inspiration from an unlikely source.

Kasmira said...

Stunning! It's a great style on you.

BTW...I'm searching for a thrifting date. My calendar is so full right now with rehearsals and performances!

Lorena said...

Kick ass jacket, velvet has got to be one of my favorite fabrics....

Sarah said...

That jacket and those pants a beautiful! Everything you wear fits you perfectly.

Elaine said...

You look great! I love the pop of blue!

Don't forget to enter to win a tankini of your choice!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

Londyn said...

Thanks!

Kasmira - no worries if your busy right now, we can always wait until it's warmer out (hopefully soon!).

FashionAddict said...

Great hair, and I LOVE the outfit!!

mika said...

Love the outfit!!!!
marinefam23@yahoo.com