Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Work & Wear Options

 30

This dress is a thrifted item that I added some length to in order to make the length work-appropriate.

***********

A sleeveless structured dress like this can be worn in several ways:

1. wear alone – bare those arms like Michele!

2. layer with a shirt underneath (like the oxford I did here) to keep warm

3. layer with a sweater, cropped jacket, or blazer over it to keep it professional

4. belt it (also like our first lady)! to cinch and define a waist

5. wear with a scarf for an accent

6 comments:

Corie said...

Very nice look. But then again, you have many nice looks throughout your blog. I do like the tights!

Anonymous said...

You are always so professional/stylish/put together with your work wear. I have always believed that how you dress conveys a lot about yourself and your work ethic. Out of curiosity, do you think your dress has affected how you are perceived at work?

Lorena said...

This is very pretty on you - the colors are subtle and elegant - the necklace wraps it up!

Lina said...

What a great look! I really like that you've added a darker color on the bottom (for lenght).

I rarely wear my shift dresses (I have two) your suggestions/ideas have inspired me to take them out again and revaluate ;)

Kandi-STYLE said...

I LOOOOOOVE this look! Perfect!

Elegance Personified said...

I've told you you should give style lessons any day. I love the Michele Obama references and this dress and look really remind me of her. Keep putting up posts where you give us all tips on style, beauty, fashion & such.

Take Care and please find me and add me on Facebook, under Ada Furxhi. ;-)