Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A little kindness

  DSCF3820

 

I typically dress more casually on Fridays, but I simply forgot today so I dressed in my normal business attire (which is often a skirt!).

I had a few people who I wouldn’t have expected to comment on how I looked or what I was wearing – tell me that I looked elegant and sophisticated.  What nice compliments!

No matter how confident a person may be (or seem), kind words are always appreciated.  I’m going to do my best to repay the kindness to others around me as well.

So (as a start) – to all my fellow bloggers, thank you for visiting my site and for all of your thoughtful comments.  I appreciate you!

 

DSCF3821 DSCF3822 DSCF3824

 

 

Ruffles & a pretty pattern!  Some of my favorite details  :)

 

Black Top: NY & Co.  Cardigan: White House Black Market.  Skirt: Moda Int’l.  Boots: Chadwicks.

 

 

14 comments:

evanadine said...

ever since discovering this world of fashion blogs, i have been inspired to put a little thought and effort into my dressing. and since then, i have gotten lots of compliments from all kinds of people in my building -- and you're right, it's ALWAYS nice to hear a kind word!!

Leah said...

I love how you combined black with brown here... it's a winner. You are so pretty and so elegant in that ensemble.

Corie said...

You do look very elegant...and nice and always. I would love to see your closet!

Julia said...

Why, you have an innate elegance! I think it's your smile. Also, you have great taste :)

xx

Monique said...

I never seem to be able to pull off the black, white and brown together, but you did a wonderful job! Love it!

spezzella said...

Really love that sweater on you. Looks great!

Corie said...

Londyn...I forgot to tell you that I have an award for you on my blog...so when you get a chance, come get it! - Corie

FashionAddict said...

that cardigan is AMAZING!! Love the balck/brown combo, too.

caffeinerd said...

Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for an award over at my blog! And...I love this top :)

La Historiadora de Moda said...

Who doesn't love a compliment? I love that cardi! You do look elegant and sophisticated.

The Thrifty Stylist said...

AUGH. it's just not fair. everyone else has an AWESOME patterned black and white cardi and i can't find one.
*pouts*

you DO look elegant and sophisticated. do you ever not, though? :D

Anonymous said...

Outfit looks great aside from the mix of black and chocolate. It would be 100Xs better with a black or grey skirt. I'd never mix these two colors. No offense!

The Thrifty Stylist said...

according to trinny and susannah, black and brown is one of the most classic winter combinations, and one of the only colors black should be worn with. so there. :P

Elegance Personified said...

You look great and your "normal self" as usual. Skirt outfits are perfect with layers and/or sweaters for Fall and Winter.