Thursday, December 10, 2009

Up is the new down

DSCF3651DSCF3652 

White Ruffle Top: INC.  Plum Vest: Express.  Skirt: Moda Int’l.  Tights: Vera Wang.  Oxford Style Booties: Michael Kors.  Jewelry: Lia Sophia.

I was reading an online article recently that stated the new “in thing” was to wear up-do’s for work and to leave hair down and more natural with evening attire.  Personally, I say – just do what you want - but if you’re into doing the trendy thing you may want to try it out!  I like wearing my hair up for work and would probably do it more often except that it takes a couple of extra minutes in the morning rush that I typically don’t have.

As for my outfit, I’m mixing my gray and brown neutrals as I love to do, and I am definitely getting use out of my new Express vests as this is the second time I’ve worn one of them in a week!

9 comments:

Julia said...

Beautifully business like and chic! And I love the hair-up; obviously, I wear my hair up almost every day. Here I love the way you've let the side hang down a bit. It's so sexy-secretary!

xx

Courtnee said...

i love the mix of all the neutrals. i tend to wear my hair up most of the time,mostly because that's they way my boyfriend likes it and because it can get huge and frizzy. it's interesting that it's now a trend.

FashionAddict said...

Very cute, I love the vest!

Healthy and Homemade said...

Looooooooooove this =D

Indy said...

I love how you mixed black, brown and gray!

You have such a killer smile! I love your hair that way, too!

Jen said...

i love the color palette of this outfit!

Becky said...

Perfect neutral combo, lady! I wore my hair up for the majority of summer, but I tend to switch up my hair do depending on what *it* wants to do...sometimes I have no choice in these matters :)

K said...

you look so cute! I am scared of mixing some neutrals...you make it look so effortless. And who doesnt love a good vest? :)

gina said...

I love the outfit! It's the perfect mix of neutral colors, and it looks so professional and stylish at the same time.