Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Flaunting what my mamma gave me

DSCF3666 DSCF3664

Layered 2 in 1 shirt: Chadwicks.  Skirt: New York & Co.  Tights: Simply Vera.  Boots: Chadwicks.

This top was another recent $12 find from Chadwicks.  Shirts like this are perfect for winter office attire because they have a bit of interest to them, but are also super easy and nice and comfy warm.

Often, when I’m wearing darker colors, I like a lighter “pop” of color (khaki in this case) to give more interest to the look.  A lot of women get nervous about wearing lighter colors on their bottom half, but I believe that as long as clothing fits well it will be flattering.  Anyway - who cares if it makes your butt look a little larger than normal (which I don’t think it does…) – ?  Butts are “in” right now so go ahead and flaunt those curves!

12 comments:

Bianca said...

Very nice color combo! Also, like the light skirt w/ dark tights. Pretty! :-)

DragonflyJen said...

I never would of thought to wear a khaki skirt in the winter! I love this look - very cute!

~Hurricane B~ said...

Hell Yeah---I like curves, helps that I have them.=)

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Love the color combo!
~another reminder that we don't really need to spend a fortune to look fab*, great find!
Thanks for dropping by. Have a lovely Thursday beautiful!
xo*

Dara said...

Nice look! I wouldn't have thought of this combination.

Andie said...

I LOVE those boots. Are they comfortable, though? I've found that every single pair of high heel boots like that hurt the balls of my feet. So I wound up with old school square heel, square toe boots because I want some that are comfy. LOL

Honeybunches of Roses said...

I really do like the color combo..

Kacie said...

"Butts are in" LOL!!!

amyw said...

I always flaunt my curves! I have really slim arms, but fuller hips, butt, and thighs. I can work some clothes that others can't! :)

Londyn said...

Andy - these boots are pretty comfortable as stylish boots go.

Don't get me wrong - they aren't your cushy house shoes.... but they are better than a lot of other pointy toe slim heeled boots I've had in the past, so I'm very happy with them.

FashionAddict said...

I love the green sweater and those suede boots, very pretty :)

Kel Ward Photography said...

Love, love, love!