Sunday, November 8, 2009

Living my dream

  DSCF3536DSCF3535 

DSCF3537

Jeans: Express.  Bracelet: Kohl’s.  Striped Tank: Banana Republic.  Blue Grandpa Sweater: Jones New York.  Blue Wedges: Restricted.

I’m shopping with mi madre today!  It is just lovely outside today (mid 60’s!), so I’m reverting to open toes while I can  :)

My mom and I are going to a few different department and furniture stores looking for some household things for her.  I love it when I get to shop without spending any money!  Seriously, being a personal shopper may be my calling in life. . .  About a year ago, I started to organize some things (website, phone #, etc..) so that I could possibly try the personal shopper profession, but I just kinda let it fizzle with the economy doing so poorly. 

Plus – I never figured out how it would work with my current career since I’d be too exhausted to do both jobs, but wouldn’t have the $$ to only do the personal shopper thing…  ah well, it’s a nice dream.  In the meantime I’ll just have to keep helping my friends and family spend their money  :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have a serious talent here and I think you should pursue your dream. The fact that you have a blog and a sizable following should tell you that you would be successful as a personal shopper! (You sure have helped me!) You could start small and get a client or two through friends and family...it would be nice pocket change!

Sam said...

cute outfit and love those shoes! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Your outfit is really cute...and I just want to say you always do a great job at helping me spend my money :)

Cassie

FashionAddict said...

Oooooo, those shoes are just gorgeous! Hope you had fun with su madre!

Christen said...

You should totally keep thinking about the personal shopper thing. I'm slowly starting to get into it but it definitely takes persistence. Don't get discouraged, I think you'd be amazing at it!

Amy said...

Very cute outfit! I love the color of your sweater- blue looks so good on you! :)

xoxo
Amy

thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Kat said...

Don't give up on that dream... see if you can't fashion it to fit your talents AND today's funky economy.

Lorena said...

Great pair of shoes !
I have dreamed of shopping without spending... actually one of my dreams is to be e buyer for a department store... can you imagine !!??

Londyn said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments. I'll have to keep considering it...

Lorena -- yes! OMG! I've definitely thought about the buyer thing... if only you didn't have to live in NYC... (too cold!)