Sunday, October 11, 2009

Digging through my closet. . .

DSCF3181 - Copy 

Top: New York & Co.  Jeans: Express.

My boyfriend and I went to the Jay-Z concert in Cincinnati last night.  The concert was great, but I had a hell of a time trying to decide what to wear! 

In my younger days, I’d go out clubbin and had some pretty nice going out clothes, but now that most of my clothes are for work – I don’t have a ton of looks that work for me when I’m trying to look a bit more edgy.  I tried on quite a few looks and finally decided on something a bit sexy that was still comfortable.

Below are some other outfits I tried and vetoed. 

    DSCF3167  DSCF3175 DSCF3174DSCF3179DSCF3177

I’m going to wear a bit more covered version of the first look (purple tunic w/ leggings) the next time my boyfriend and I go out.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you picked the perfect outfit! But as far as "In my younger days..." I had to laugh! You're still quite young! Enjoy it! :)

Candycane said...

I like the look you went with - but I really like the tunic leggings look of your first picture!

Hope you had a good time!

xXx

Sher said...

Hot body, no matter what you choose :)

~Hurricane B~ said...

Younger days?? LOL...I love the purple one with the pleather looking leggings.or real leather.=)

I did not picture you for a hip hop girl. That just shows you cant judge a gal by her clothes.=) Hope it was fun.

Christina Lee said...

OOh I like them all-the lace number was sexy!

The Thrifty Stylist said...

va va voom! love what you picked. dark jeans and a sexy but elegant top are always the best date outfits i think!

Nadine said...

I love your top :).

Courtnee said...

I went to the concert too! I stressed a lot about what to wear. I wanted to look appropriate but still hot! You looked great!

Bianca said...

My hubby is a huge-Jay fan, and we went to see Jay-Z and friends concert a few yrs ago. It was probably one of the better concerts I have been too. He certainly knows how to stage a show. I am not a fan of Rap in general, but I admit, great concert.

Any rate, you looked perfect for the show. Cute top. Its much harder to throw a diamond in the air when wearing a short skirt anyways. ;-)

Lorena said...

Think you picked wisely !

Patty Ann said...

this outfit is perfect for a concert
i really love the top
i think a close second would have been the second outfit that you vetoed
xxx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Kate said...

All of those are sooo perfect on you and you have such a hot body! :)