Monday, September 7, 2009

Purse Attack!

An inquisitive blogger recently left a message asking about my purse collection. She mentioned my extensive shoe collection and guessed that purses may hold the same appeal to me. My secret is out -- yes! I love purses too.

I won't show you quite all of my purses in this post, but will show a good portion of them. Some of my bags are designer, but many are regular retail or thrift finds! Next, I'll have to do jackets...... these are things I often forget to take pictures of!

I'm breaking down my purse collection into 3 generic categories.

#1. Evening Handbags & Clutches.

A small evening bag is essential for all women. They are the perfect accessory for evening wear and going out. These purses don't fit much in them, but they really do make an outfit. Who wants to be lugging around a gigantic bag when dressed up in a nice dress?!?! A clutch is a must! I find it's easy to bring in some interest to a small handbag by focusing on fun textures and colors.










#2. Day Bags. Medium Size / Work / Casual.

Medium day bags are next on the list. It's all about practicality here. Pockets, durability, and a variety of colors and patterns to work with the Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons. I also look for a variety of professional and casual.













#3. Big Bags! Everyday Comfort.

Last on my list - but often the most fun - are big (and sometimes "slouchy-chic") bags. Again, I like to find a range of classic, casual, modern, and a little funky. These purses are great for just about everything. Whenever I travel, I make sure to take a big hobo type purse and through all my travel essentials in it. These bags often act like a security blanket for me -- I just can't do without them!









14 comments:

Kaylyn said...

Awesome! All awesome

Sher said...

What a great collection!

WendyB said...

Love that brown ruffly one. And do I see a clutch shaped like a bow?

God's Favorite Shoes! said...

Oooh, I love any and all clutches!

Londyn said...

WendyB - why yes you do! I bought the little black satin bow clutch on a cruise for only $10!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I was the one who asked about your purse collection...thanks for showing us and for the tips! I have to tell you that I absolutely appreciate your blog! I never knew how to dress for work (or for life for that matter) and your tips have been all around indispensable! I used to wear black loafers, black socks, black pants, and a sweater or button down shirt to work thinking that was the only "appropriate" outfit to wear (I'm not sure why...) Your blog has inspired me to ditch my standard "uniform" and add heels, skirts, dresses, blazers, colors, patterns, and accessories to my outfits. I really like your style - it's fashion forward but modest and I like your attention to detail (I have always loved lace, beading, ruffles, etc. and it seems like you do also) I don't have much of a bag collection currently but that is one area I'd like to build up. Anyway, sorry for such a long post...I just really appreciate your blog :)

SHOEGAL said...

Great collection! I always forget to mention bags in my posts - mainly because I use the same one for weeks on end. I'll have to try to remember to include them in my outfit shots like you do.

Londyn said...

Anonymous - Wow! Thank you so much for your comment! I am SO happy that I could be an inspiration for you and I am sure you are looking fabulous in your new work wear -- keep it up!

FashionAddict said...

What nice eye candy :) Seriously gorgeous purses! My favorite is that big ruffled one.

Kim said...

*DROOL*
Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Cristina said...

Now that's ONE bag collection you have. So many great colors!!

mysterycreature said...

Lovely collection, - and wow, that is a lot of purses! I don't really have any, I simply have never got into them. Maybe I should put a little more effort in - and do a similar post on my shoes!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! Especially like the green colored clutch in the 2nd photo.

Elegance Personified said...

WOW WOW WOW. I love your Bag Collection as much as your shoe collection. I, too, have a lot of bags. I should say at least 50, IDK how many in all cause I haven't counted but I sure have a lot of smaller purses, fun purses for like the evening or going out, especially clutches.

You & I should go shopping TOGETHER sometime. I mean it. =)