I'm SO happy it's the weekend - so I decide to go pattern crazy. I used my comfy t-shirt dress as the bold eye catching pattern and then added plaid and braided patterns that were more muted and nuetral.
Today I went shopping at the new Nordstom that just opened. I also did some browsing at furniture stores for new bedroom furniture, did some jogging outside, and actually got to do some reading -- it was fabulous!
For those of you who haven't guess it -- I'm a bit of a workaholic and perfectionist. These tendencies lead me to spend much more time of my life stressed out than I would care to spend. --And I've decided to make a change.
I know I will always have to put in a lot of time for work, but I hope that reprioritizing things in my life and setting some goals for myself outside of work will help me balance my happy time with my work time.
Here are a couple of my goals:
1. Set aside more time each week for my family and friends
2. Have at least 1 special outing per week with my boyfriend (we're already really good at setting this time aside - but I still want to keep it on the list!)
3. Take additional Spanish courses to become more fluent
4. Cook 3 new meals each week (this week - Carne Asada, Mediterranean Orzo Spinach Salad, & Chicken Marbella)
5. Get back into my exercise routine (3-4 workouts a week at least)
6. Tackle 1 home project a week
7. Read at least 2 new books a month (join a book club?)
Wish me luck!