Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Conservative



Blazer: Worthington. Pants: INC. Shoes: BCBG. Purse: Coach. T-Shirt: Kohls. Necklace: Macy's.

While I was on bus, on my way home from work today, I had a woman say to me, "I'm always glad when I catch the same bus as you because I get to see what you're wearing!" I loved it!

She said that initially she thought the outfit was conservative for me, but then she saw my shoes and necklace which made the outfit really stand out. I think it's interesting to hear the things people are thinking that they don't often say aloud. I wish people did that more often!

The woman who made the comment is utterly adorable, but always wears very conservative clothing. Maybe I will give her the courage to wear some fun shoes and bold jewelry herself...!

11 comments:

Bianca said...

Very nice! I love the necklace too. Nice to add a bold statement piece.

Kacie said...

That is fantastic!

I hope you meet the lady again soon. Maybe she'll have on some great shoes herself!

Honeybunches of Roses said...

This is such a great outfit!

ShopKim said...

That's cool that she told you those things! It's always good to hear when someone has something nice to say.

FashionAddict said...

LOVE that necklace, girlie! And the color/texture of those pants look so rich. Love it!

Kim said...

I wish people WOULD compliment each other more often - I'm trying to make more of an effort myself, since it always makes my day when it happens to me.
I've had some meetings this week and you've been my total outfit muse, making it much easier to figure out what I'm going to wear every day - thank you!

eednic said...

that necklace is gorgeous! i agree with the lady: the necklace and shoes really make this outfit stand out. and those pants are so crisp!

eveange66 said...

This woman was right!
I do think you very elegant but not only you have special touch, that is the reason why I follow your blog.
I am sorry ir I am a little forward but I have always thought that the americans I could see (actually I am far from knowing all the americans of course so I can't really say) where somewhow "too much" and overdressed.
I enjoy seeing you when I come back home because you make me want to go to US and know more.
Thanks for that (woooh that is a statement!!).

Lorena said...

I think it makes you look very professional and the color makes you look accessible and I'm guessing you were also smiling on the bus .... what nice compliment to receive !

Kaylyn said...

The woman on the bus is right. Even when you go conservative, you still have bold accents and they're more than the average every day person would be will to try. i hope you do help her bust out of her wardrobe shell!

Milly said...

Love the necklace!!