Thursday, August 27, 2009

Work Environment

DSCF3004brown 

Ruffle Blouse: Antilla Femme.  Ruffle Back Skirt: Moda Int’l.  Shoes: Nine West.  Jacket: Kaidal French Design.  Orange Bag: Versace Couture.

I’ve gotten some recent blogger questions about my position and working environment, so for any one who didn’t know – I currently work in Human Resources.  The company I work for is a fairly large global company, and I work in the corporate headquarters. 

Business attire is business casual – khakis, dress slacks, and button up shirts are the norm – however you do see the occasional suits, and also the occasional inappropriately casual attire. 

I tend to be on the dressy side for my work environment, but I don’t mind – people spend the majority of their time at work (sad but true), so why wouldn’t I wear my nicer clothes there???

What’s your work environment like?  Click the question to vote!

9 comments:

Penny said...

So true. Besides, I look at it this way too - life is too short and there are a lot of things than can easily bring one down along the way. Why worsen one's mood by failing to look as best as one can? It's amazing how a simple haircut or even wearing a colorful blouse can help in contributing towards a positive disposition.

BTW, that jacket is super duper amazing!

chiara said...

Oh, how I agree! When I buy new clothes, the first thing I think is - can I wera this to work? Because, unfortunately, work clothes are the one which get the most use!

WendyB said...

Ruffles everywhere -- front and back! Love that.

WendyB said...

Ruffles everywhere -- front and back! Love that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Londyn, just wondering - are you resizing your pictures? The aspect ratio seems off lately; sometimes this is flattering, sometimes it isn't! --Susan

Londyn said...

Yes - I'm trying to play with and figure out my new camera and new computer, so please bear with me in the meantime. I say, thank goodness I'm not always "picture perfect"!

Cristina said...

Pretty ruffle top and that jacket looks very nice.

wwkrissiewear said...

I've been following your blog for a few weeks through my reader. I really love this jacket! It's so funky and interesting and totally work-appropriate, which is definitely something I think about when buying clothes as well. I'd love if you checked out my blog (very similar to yours): www.whatwouldkrissiewear.com.

God's Favorite Shoes! said...

I love that jacket!