Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Print Skirt Looks 1 & 2

S6305519

 

1st Look:  This is the outfit I had in my head to wear today when I woke up this morning.  However the volume on the top and the volume of the A-line skirt was just too much for me.  It also felt a little to “out there” for work-wear with the studs, jewelry, bold print, and silver heel strappy black pumps…

 

 

S6305517   S6305523

S6305526 - Copy - Copy

 

Final Look: Albeit a bit more expected, but much more suited for me and my work environment.  I kept my studs, but in a more flattering shaped top that worked with the volume of the skirt b/c it shows off the slimmer silhouette of the tank.  I vetoed the jewelry and showed off my flower appliqué belt instead, and finally I traded my sexy stilettos for a more classic mary jane pump.  Finito! 

 

S6305524S6305527

Print skirt: Worthington

1st studded jacket: Twelve by Twelve

2nd studded cardi: INC

2nd black pumps: Fioni

Belt: Macys

Pink tank: Meijer

 

PS.  Can you tell I got a new laptop for my b-day?  I get to play around much more with my pics now!

13 comments:

Sal said...

LOOOVE that skirt! And I totally agree that the more fitted top is perfect.

The Thrifty Stylist said...

this is so cute! i guess the toned-down look is better for the office but both are great. i just saw a cardigan almost identical to this on the macy's clearance site, in case anyone is interested...

Lesa said...

zebra and pink how cool!

WendyB said...

Ooh, zebra print...I love it.

Indy said...

I love that zebra print skirt! The shoes are also gorgeous!

This is an amazing blog - you have great style!

~Hurricane B~ said...

Congrats on the new laptop, I was sad to hear about your break in on your car. Is it fixed up now?

I love how much wild prints you have, especially your zebra prints.

Have fun editing your pics...that is a blast to do.

Lydia said...

You are so absolutely adorable!

And can I ask where you work? or more appropriately, what do you do? I just wished I worked in such a place as to get away with the fun outfits you have! :)

Lydia said...

Love that skirt! :)

Kaylyn said...

I love both outfits! But I totally understand why you had to tone it down for work. You always look amazing :)

Milly said...

both looks are nice...love the zebra print skirt

le chiquest said...

love both ways you styled that skirt, but i agree with the second top being better.
i must say you have a fabulous collection of shoes! love love love the sexy stilletos and guess what i have the same pair of fioni shoes but in fuschia. woot woot.

Anonymous said...

The first outfit is definatly more sassy and sexy; but the toned down version is more appropriate for the office. It still leaves me to make one suggestion though; if you had to hit the town in a hurry after work all you need to do is bring the stilletoes and the first jacket with you and your good to go.

Elegance Personified said...

Yesss, I definitely prefer the outfit much better the second time around. It's more easy, pulled-together, yet dressier and the shapes & proportions feel and fit better. =)