Monday, August 17, 2009

I’m “Go”ing “Go”ing Gone

 

Neither one of these pair of shoes “match”, but they both  “go”.  I always have such a hard time trying to explaining to my non-fashionista friends how to tell when something “goes” vs. when it’s just clash-y. 

It’s hard for me to explain because it’s just so visual to me – I have to see it and then I’ll know if it works.  I guess the best way to look at it is just to figure that as long as you have a neutral (black, navy, tan… etc.) you can mix and match at least 2 other colors with it.  An easy tip to making things “go” is to keep colors in the same color family.

Or… you can just clash.  Sometimes I like that too!   :)   As long as your doing it with confidence!

Which shoe do you prefer for this outfit?  CLICK HERE to vote!

8 comments:

Sewfast said...

I think the first shoe "goes" better, but I do love that pop of pink, so you can't go wrong with that either!

Bianca said...

Sometimes I wonder if people "get it" when stuff goes instead of matches. I used to work with a girl who used to tell me I looked "Very WNTW" whenever I did that LOL. I did have to ask if she meant pre or post reveal LOL! But she did mean after. Sometimes, I think that's the only experience people have with seeing a teal shoe, or a pink shoe. :-) Anyways, I think you look smashing and I love the pink one. :-)

Jessica said...

I too have been trying to explain to my roommate that things don't have "match" they just have to "go". She's slowly coming around. I think I like the pink shoes better!

SHOEGAL said...

I know just what you mean. Sometimes I try to explain this sort of thing to my boyfriend and he REALLY doesn't get it (but that's partly to do with being a man too!). Love the pink shoes with this. Which did you go for in the end?

Milly said...

love the pink shoes with this outfit

Kel Ward Photography said...

I totally understand what you mean. I am very visual too and I have to see things before deciding if they work. I prefer the pink shoes.

Londyn said...

I went with the pink!

The Hyper Cook said...

Definitely the pink!