Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sophisticate



Black Dress: Laura Clement. Cropped Tweed Jacket: ELLE. Tights: Simply Vera Wang. Black Pumps: Fioni.



Since I decided to go without my normal "pop" of color - I added a brighter red for my lips. POP!



I was helping a friend out at a wedding event this weekend. Since I was not attending the wedding as a guest, but would still be very visible at the wedding, I was a little unsure what to wear. I needed to wear something formal enough for the event and venue, but I also didn't want to stand out any. I often go to the little black dress when I need a professional and classy look - so that ended up being my fall back this time as well.

Some of the others assisting at the even wore very short, sleeveless, high slit dresses with 5 inch heels and bare legs...... they might have caught some glances, but I was happy to feel appropriately dressed and sophisticated in my choice for the evening (plus, I bet they were freezing their buns off!).

6 comments:

JoslynReneee said...

And that's why I'm a frequent blog reader of yours! Always classy and stylish with great taste :-)

daer0n said...

That jacket is gorgeous!

budget chic said...

Work it diva, I love this look!

Sher said...

LOL! Love your personality!!

fashionafterforty.blogspot.com

Kaylyn said...

Love the outfit...But I totally just realized that I have the exact same pair of shoes! Love them.

Candycane said...

Cute and love your hair!