Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Plain and Simple





Black Silk Top: Chadwicks. Grey Slacks: New York & Co. Black Pointy Shoes: Nine West. Earrings: Macy's.

Kinda plain and simple today, but I like the detail of the bows on the top. I think I'd like to wear it tucked in to a print skirt. Most of my skirts are solids, so I'll have to see what I can come up with. Either that or I might go thrifting this weekend!

I decided this week that I am going to spend less on my wardrobe, so will have to find alternative ways to switch things up. I always get really great deals, but in the end.... things still end up adding up....!

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Cute and classic.

I hear ya on the clothes. You know, I started doing this "no new clothes" thing in January, but I'm probably spending just as much on consignment and thrifted stuff as I did on new clothes (I'm a huge bargain hunter)!

Kari said...

The ruffles on the top make it anything but plain and simple. You look very polished!

Struggler said...

Very sophisticated - I thought maybe you'd be going for cocktails right after work.
Funny, on my screen, your slacks look more of a mushroomy color. Either way, the outfit works very nicely.

~B~ said...

To save some money, I made a deal NO SHOPPING PERIOD for the month of June. Are you signed up with ebates.com? Try 6pm.com as well. That saves money on purchases with certain stores online, and the other is basically zappos clearance. Good luck with spending less.I think the top would only be plain if it was cotton. The material and detail make it cute.

Kasmira said...

I was thinking of going thrifting on Sat....interested?

Mel said...

This looks like something i would wear.

Sher said...

Love your top! Simple and chic!