Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vintage Shoe Gifts



Print Sheer Top: Mossimo. Shoes are vintage, from Greece.




Dress: Candies. Cropped Over-shirt: A.Byer. Shoes: Casadei, from Italy.





Jeans: Gap. Blue Tie Top: neu look. Chocolate Blazer: New York & Co. Shoes: Jasmin

I was in Chicago over the weekend, visiting a friend of mine, and had the pleasure to meet a wonderful woman by the name of Avra. I only spend a short amount of time visiting with Avra, but I felt her wisdom, spark, and appetite for life fill the room immediately! Avra was born in Greece and spent time visiting many other countries before coming here to the USA.

While we were visiting, Avra mentioned that she had several pairs of shoes from Greece, Italy, etc. that she had acquired as a young woman, and that she was happy to give them away as she is no longer of an age to wear those kind of heels anymore. I was more than happy and honored to accept! Above are three pair of shoes that I took with me. Life is just full of surprises....!

The shoes with the bows are my favorite -- they look the most worn of the three, so I think they must have been Avra's favorite too!

10 comments:

GingerSnap said...

The shoes with the bows are my favorite too...I think they are just so feminine and pretty, not to mention practical too! :)

Boutique Girl said...

I love the second pair that are so classic!

Alison said...

How wonderful is that. To meet a really amazing person and get shoes of her's to boot. Too fun!

Milly said...

lucky gal!

Cat said...

Oh my heavens, those shoes are adorable. Score!

Mervat said...

The second pair are just classical beautiful! Great finds in both friend and shoes!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your daily outfits. It really inspires me to dress my best!

Mel said...

Score! Love #2, but I would probably wear #3

Sheila said...

Wow, what a lovely gift! Great outfits for showing them all off - I love the skirt in the first one, in particular.

The Seeker said...

Can I ask you a favour? If you are inclined, would you be so kind as
to pop over to http://style.la-mimi.com/weekly-fashion-idol/vote-for-your-favorite-fashion-idol/
I just would love if you would vote for your favourite. Better if you vote for me. :)
Thank you
The Seeker