Thursday, January 15, 2009

Patterns



Checked Button Up: Charter Club. Black Vest: Volia. Pencil Skirt: Studio Y. Fishnet Stockings: Vera Wang. Boots: Chadwicks.

It's hard to tell in the photos, but I am actually wearing a pattern in each one of my clothing items. The checked shirt is, clearly, the most obvious. The vest is black on black pinstripe. The gray skirt has a white pinstripe in it. And my stockings are fishnet with a gray pair of tights underneath.

With one bold pattern and several subtle pattern that worked as neutrals, it works!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

I love it! Awesome way to mix patterns and textures!

*kate* said...

i love this outfit... it works so well... i love to mix patterns!!

fatallyblonde.blogspot.com

Milly said...

it really does work..it looks great!

Audi said...

Love this! So chic, and the understated pattern mixing is brilliant. Your all-black number the other day was awesome as well.

Anonymous said...

That outfit is super cute, especially the shirt. Is it from this season? I am coveting it!

Cat said...

What a fun idea. I am often nervous about mixing patterns. Perhaps I need to be a little more fearless.

Londyn said...

Yep, I got it earlier this season from Macys.

Jaime Kae said...

Layering tights! Why have I never thought of that?