Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Delicate Details


Green Cardigan: Stephanie Spencer. Ruffle Blouse: Sunny Leigh. Brown Plaid Slacks: Willi Smith. Ruffle Shoes: Mossimo. Necklace: Vintage.

I'm all ruffles! I really wasn't feeling very ruffle-y mood as I was continuing to have "issues" with the man, but never the less, was drawn to my delicate ruffle shirt and shoes. Thankfully all fighting subsided later in the day, and hopefully I will be feeling more myself soon...

I liked the idea of an easy cardigan layer over this silk blouse. My ruffle wrap is short sleeve, but has such a rich color and nice details that I hate to have it stored away all winter. A colorful cardigan was a perfect solution! -- I am also thinking of layering it under a dress, or under a blazer as well. Any other ideas from you fabulous fashionistas are always welcome too!

16 comments:

V said...

Love the ruffle detail...I have those same shoes!

Katie said...

The shoes are too cute! And you gave me the perfect idea on how to wear my ruffly shirt in winter!! :-)

Thanks London!

Katie

Sheila said...

This looks great with the cardigan. Love the shoes - thanks for the close-up!

What about wearing the blouse under a v-necked dress?

Blissful Nikki said...

ohhh!! I really like this idea. The ruffles add a ton to this!

SHOEGAL said...

I love this colour of green on you. Hope you & the man have everything sorted out now.

Boutique Girl said...

CUTE shoes!!

Katie said...

Ok, so my outfit today was totally inspired by you - and I gave your blog a shoutout in my daily post!

Katie

Milly said...

Love all the ruffles...nice color combo

Cat said...

At first this outfit didn't catch my eye, but you're right, it's all in the delicate details. I love how the ruffles peak out at the neckline, hemline and shoes.

WendyB said...

Loving that ruffle on the blouse.

PR's Haute Diva said...

I have the same shoes!

WendeeB said...

the green cardigan looks great with your coloring. pretty necklace too.

*A* said...

I had seen those shoes in the store, but they didn't appeal to me...then I saw this post and saw how cute they are and so I bought them. So thanks!
Just out of curiousity, how many pairs of shoes do you have? I'm insanely jealous of your closet :)

Chris said...

Wow, I have those shoes, too! I love them. Can't wear them with the snow/ice/salt everywhere, but I love them all the same :)

Londyn said...

A - it is scary to admit, but last time I checked I had at least 110 pairs...

Elegance Personified said...

I love ruffled blouses layered under cardigans or under blazers. They look cute & chic that way. I was wearing a ruffled top today under a 3/4 sleeve blazer which I kept on for only like half an hour since we had an usually super-warm day in MI. I wish I had someone to take My Pic every day now, to post in my blogs. Especially since my husband is away for work in Europe, I don't have such a luxury to take photos of myself. How do you do it Londyn? Who takes your pics?

Beautiful look. Love that Kelly green. Very nice top but I especially adore those nude-colored pumps with the ruffles, soooooo cute. =)