Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Some good, some bad.



Dress: All that Jazz. Striped Button Up: New York & Co.

Tights: Kohls. Black Suede Boots: Chadwicks.

I also wore my Audrey inspired black velvet gloves from JC Pennys.

This dress is one of my great thrift finds of old. I had to add length to it, but have always been pleased with the look and fit since doing so.

What I was not pleased with today was my patterned tights. Yesterday I blogged (yet again) of how I love the Vera Wang stockings -- and today exemplified exactly why.

I purchased these black stockings at Kohls, but they were a non-Vera brand - which I can't remember now and is not listed on the stockings. . . . I love the pattern of these stockings, but the fit was horrible. I am 5'8 and I got the largest size so that they would hopefully fit the length of my legs, however they were still seriously short and tight. In addition, they were very delicate and ended up getting snagged within the first hour of being at work.

They will soon be going in the trash. . .

7 comments:

Chris said...

I hate that. I have the same problem (I'm almost 5"7") and so when I find a brand and size that fits, I rarely stray. But then I'm always attracted to pretty new ones, and the cycle starts all over again... :)

BudgetPretty said...

I love your boots! The Chadwicks site states the heel is 3", but they look higher in your pics. Are they more like a 4" heel? Thanks!

SHOEGAL said...

Great dress! And I love the gloves. I have some black velvet ones like that but they make my nails black from the dye. Do you have that problem with yours?

Sheila said...

Gloves! You go, girl!

I hear you on the tights - it's so frustrating when they don't fit and then snag.

Fab boots!

Georgia B. said...

oh, my gosh! those gloves are fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Im posting this anonymously since it probably sounds kinda wierd. But I like it when my tights or hose fit a little short, it makes me feel kinda naughty! :)

Londyn said...

Shoegal - nope they don't leave any dye on my finger tips. thank goodness!

Budget Pretty - I haven't actually measured, but they do seem higher than a regular 3 inch...