Sunday, August 3, 2008

Skirt Issues



Grey Button Up: No Boundaries. Black High Waisted Skirt: Chadwicks. Black Slingbacks: Nicole Miller.

Yay! My camera is working again -- I have no idea why it stopped working and no idea why it started working again, but there you have it! A mystery.

I fell in love when I saw this skirt in a catalogue a while back, but when I finally purchased and received it, it was very ill fitting on my body. The hip and thigh area fit pretty well, but the waist was seriously gaping. Also the skirt belled out at the bottom a lot more than the catalogue pic showed.

I decided to keep the skirt and try and work with it, so I took in two darts in the back waist area to make it fit around the midsection. I haven't worked any wonders with the bell-bottom yet, but I am overall pretty pleased with the outcome.


11 comments:

Mica said...

You did a really good job on the skirt :) And I'm glad your camera is workign again now - technology can be funny sometimes!

James said...

I love everything about this outfit, especially the skirt!

Elisabeth said...

I love a pencil skirt with a blouse tucked in. So chic!

revital said...

The skirt looks great! Love the outfit.

Sick Tight said...

YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!

April said...

This is just lovely. I really like high waisted skirts like this.

Glad your camera is working again!

Londyn said...

thanks :)

glamour girly said...

Looks great!

Lil' Puch said...

You look so beautiful with that outfit, you look so chic!!
Dear, I just tagged you at my blog.

Kelly said...

I love grey and black! I live near Cincinnati, it's always nice to see what other people in my region are wearing!

yankeenaijababe said...

Wow, loving the combination. The color, style, speaks words. Really good to dress well, does a lot for one.