Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Flats vs. Heels


Blue Tie Top: New York & Co. Khakis: JC Pennys. Green Suede Shoes: Zappos.

I was completely in a "comfort mood" today and would have been happier than a lark to go to work in my sweats, but as that would not mesh too well with my company's dress code policy, I decided to go with some comfy khakis and flats instead.

Every time I decide to wear flats I realize that I lose my sense of authority somehow -- how weird is that? There is just something in a pair of heels that makes me feel powerful and authoritative. When I am in flats I feel kind of dowdy and meek for some odd reason....

Of course it was on this day when I was feeling my flats that the President of NA for my company asked me to stop by and chat about a recent meeting. I was able to pull out my confidence for that meeting, but man, I was wishing I had had on my heels!

1 comment:

KT said...

I know the feeling. When I wear flats I feel small and child-like. I love my heels!