Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fashion Show



Orange & White Dress: Magic. Gold Strappy Shoes: Anisette. Gold Leaf Necklace: Thrift. (Dress & Necklace borrowed from Kasmira)

Tonight's event was a fashion show of local designers' clothing - Kasmira and I went to get some inspiration! The majority of the evening was spent mingling, drinking, and people watching, but there was a fashion show thrown somewhere in there as well!

I waned to wear something cool as it was a very hot day today, an the show was an evening event, so I went with a summer dress and spiced it up with fancy shoes and a fun clutch.

Kasmira wore a lovely black dress and some fun zebra shoes. She got tons of compliments while we were out. I on the other hand did not receive any compliments, except one -- however that one compliment was very special to me as it was my boyfriend, Jeff, telling me I looked "beautiful" as I got ready to leave for the show - that was enough for me though!

11 comments:

Vicki said...

Don't you hate that? You try and be happy for your friend but somehow you still want to kill them! I think your outfit is lovely. Very summer night.

WendyB said...

Lovely.

KT said...

So cute!

Lil' Puch said...

Lovely dress!!
I hope you enjoyed the fashion show, sounds like fun!!

Jeanne said...

You look fab! The dress is very figure-flattering on you and I love the shoes!

Kasmira said...

I was too jealous that the dress looks so much better on you than me!

Anonymous said...

boyfriend, hmpf, lucky guy... :)

Londyn said...

Ahhh Kasmira, how cute - we were both jealous of each other.... silly girls! :)

Anonymous - thanks (blush), I will tell him you said so.....or maybe not... ;)

Anonymous said...

ahhh... I love having a crush!!! :)

ShopDownLite.com said...

I tried to leave a comment on Kasmira's website as well that we had a duvet set come in that has this same feeling:
http://www.shopdownlite.com/boehemeperismmoncollectionmysticvalleytraders-p-1783.html

Cute Dress!
Stef

Elegance Personified said...

And Jeff was right you did look BEAUTIFUL. I love this dress, perfect for a summer fashion show. That Kasmira has excellent taste, but so do you. BTW if I was you, this is the dress I'd have worn for the Sex & the City premiere, with those fab colorful wedges you got or the light snakeskin green wedges from Charlotte Russe, I'd have carried that beautiful yellow clutch you have, the necklace works fine and I'd have put a little flower on the hair, either bright yellow or bright pink. Very Carrie Bradshaw (what I described, no)?! LOL