Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Little Black Dress




Black Dress: Laura Clement. Striped Shirt: George. Shoes: BCBG. Black and Silver Jewelry.

Sporting a little more dressy look today as I have an after hours "work party" to attend. I have to say that I am not sure I still looked quite as polished by the time I arrived at 6pm..... I wake up at 5:30 every morning, and then workout during my lunch hour, so by the time 6pm rolls around I am usually a bit of a mess -- growling stomach, cramping toes, hair in need of a styling, makeup worn off..........ah well, they will just have to take me or leave me as I am!

I will say, I find this dress a great match to a button up shirt. It is quite comfy, and also makes the look a bit more professional than going out / dress up. Last time I wore it with a black and white shirt, so this time I switched it up with a colored shirt.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This dress is gorgeous on you!

Kasmira said...

I love the dress layered over the preppy oxford.

glamour girly said...

Tres cute!

Spiragirl said...

I love this look on you, I prefer the coloured shirt too.

jillian said...

you look pretty and classy! if i were you, i'd skip the workout on a day that requires an afterhours party.

KT said...

I love this look! And I love the necklace! So here's a question: Are you growing your hair out? We have very similar hair styles (OK, actually about the exact same) and I am torn between growing mine back out or not. I am just at that length where it is "flipping" a bit and I am itching to cut it but then I think in another week it will be past that stage.

Londyn said...

kt - good timing on your question! Yes, I am growing my hair out, but I am also dealing with the very very annoying issue of "the flipping hair"! I have been trying just to deal with the pain, but today I decided that I couldn't take it anymore and I scheduled a trim for this weekend... Good luck growing!

Sara said...

I can never understand how people can work out at lunch and go back to work looking presentable. I sweat so much during my workouts! My hair would be like soaked to the pony-tail tip!

ShopDownLite.com said...

I thought this was cute - how on earth do you manage to workout at lunch and not look dishelved - kudos to you :-)

Londyn said...

Thankfully, my work has a nice locker room with showers, towels, shampoo, makeup station, etc. That definitely helps.

However, I will say that I am not one of the girls who actually wash their hair -- that would just take WAY to long to dry, restyle, etc. I typically don't sweat that much, so as long as I just get a quick body wash - I am good to go back to work!

Anonymous said...

Londyn,

A reader request...please, please, please add some more of these sheath style dresses to your wardrobe. You look FABulous in them!!!! L

Anonymous said...

Not that you don't look fabulous in other types of dresses-you do- but these are SUPER cute...wish I could pull them off myself. L

Elegance Personified said...

This look is very you: mature, proper, a little preppy & classic. I happen to LOVE this dress. =)