Monday, May 26, 2008

Ballerina I am Not....


Dress: Body Central. Sandals: Target.

This morning I got up bright and early to attend a Saturday morning adult ballet class. Kasmira invited me to what was supposed to be a beginners class, so after a little convincing, I accepted the offer. I have always loved ballet and have always imagined myself as someone who would be able to do it well -- however, I was in for a mighty rude awakening today.

The class was much more advanced than it advertised and I could hardly understand what the instructor was saying as she called out the various routines and moves. There was no teaching involved in the "class", only doing, and all of the other "students" had obvious years of training. Though somewhat confused through the bar sections, I was horrified when the instructor stated that we would be doing jumps and spins across the room floor in sets of three -- can someone say "Hell No!"?!?!?

I felt as if I had embarrassed myself (and Kasmira) enough throughout the class and would only continue to do so, so I sat out of the majority of the floor exercises. I felt so silly, and got so upset and emotional over the whole thing that I could only mutter "I just want to leave!" --Sorry Kasmira!

After my morning drama, I was in desperate need for some therapy shopping, so I headed off to Target (where I got these sandals) and then went home, cleaned up, and ate much to much food at Taste of Cincinnati. What a day......!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that your ballet class did not turn out to be more fun, but at least you stayed and stuck it out. That takes a courageous person. We really shouldn't care so much about what other people think, (especially since you will probably never see any of them again, except Kasmira, of course) but in moments like those, it's really hard not to sometimes. But, you look great in this dress, so cheerful and summery. Hopefully the dress matched your improved mood and spirit and the rest of the day turned out to be much, much better. L

KT said...

I feel you pain. I know I should enjoy yoga, but I don't except for what I refer to as the little nap at the end, savasana. At one point I was so desperate NOT to go to yoga (mainly because I was feeling over-scheduled and committed) and told my family I was going to yoga and I went to Target instead. THAT was the best hour of my week.

Kasmira said...

I'm sorry it didn't work out! You were very courageous for trying, though. :)

kim said...

thank you for for introducing me to body central! they have the cutest tops and dresses in the world! im only fourteen and really petite, so i hope they'll fit me :/

Elegance Personified said...

Hahaha, what a cute & funny description of your day. I love Ballet too but I have no clue how to any ballet moves. I'd have felt the same way you did. Anyhow you look fab pretty in your dress. I love those cute little slides. I wanmted an exact pair like this but never bought any and I regret it. =(