Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Accessorizing



Blue Shirt: Express. Printed sheer shirt: Target. Black pants: New York & Co. Orange shoes: Gianni Bini. Orange bag: XOXO. Black trench: Moda Int'l. Scarf: gifted, from Iraq.

Well, I said I would wear this shirt again soon and would wear it with orange accessories, so here it is!

I have to admit that I kind of felt like Bozo the clown when I glanced down and saw such hot colored round toed shoes. I am just not sure if I like them on me anymore....... I have been thinking about giving them to Kasmira because they look so cute on her and because I haven't been wearing them much. What do you think? Keep or give?

Other than uncertainty with the shoes, I really liked this outfit. I have gotten so much use out of this sweater that I wish I would've bought more in different colors! I typically wear it with a sheer top underneath which seems to work well as the cut is very low.


CLOSE UPS!




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the combo of the sheer print top with the blue sweater and pants look great. You are right, those are some hot colored shoes : ). Contrasting them with the blue makes them stand out more. I would say try the shoes and purse out with some brown tones and maybe they will blend better. For summer, I can also see them working really well with a print skirt, maybe with white, orange and yellow tones. Then, if you still don't like them, I would consider passing them on to Kasmira. No point in having them occupy valuable space in your closet.

Thanks again for a great blog! L

Anonymous said...

Also, forgot to mention...I think the scarf and the trench go beautifully together! L

WendyB said...

Nice color combo.

Lotem said...

Great look, loved the color of the bag :)

Kasmira said...

GIVE! :)

glamour girly said...

I love the orange! I would keep the shoes...

E said...

Mmm I love blue and orange together! You look great.

Jennifer said...

I love the shoes! Both you and Kasmira have rocked the orange shoes. Maybe you should give someone else a chance and send them to me...I'm a size 7. Ha ha! ;D

laniza said...

I agree with the first commenter--perhaps try the shoes with a different color pant or skirt (navy blue, green, or red). The purse, however, is fly!!

christine said...

your blouse is so pretty. and I love your hair, hope that doesn't sound creepy :) My hair is so thick, I've always wished it could lay flat/have bangs like that.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

budget chic said...

I love that orange bag. I'm about to buy one myself. It's such a great "break-up" color.

LJ said...

Love the color combo!!!

Elegance Personified said...

You look great as always. That blouse is so pretty. I looooove bow blouses. I agree about this Express sweater. I have the same sweater in a solid color, in a metallic light golden/ivory stripe as well as in a gray/black leopard print and it's the kind of sweater you can do so much with, especially in a solid color. Unfortunately I didn;t have a blog then but I am getting more into photographing my outfits now and sharing them with you all. =)

I have the same XOXO purse, mine is Pink. I have carried it once or twice around Europe and for a while here in USA. Unfortunately it doesn't look so good now. I had it stored next to some black leather purses whose colors washed off to the pink one. LOL Oops.