Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Finding a New Me


Dress: Laura Clement. Pinstripe Button Up: New York & Co. T-Strap Patent Pumps: Fioni. Black Chunky Necklace & Deep Red Purse: ???

I think my style is changing a bit these last few months but today is the first day I feel like I have really shown it. The last few years I have typically been drawn to a lot of color and more trendy items - but lately I am feeling not quite as much of myself in those outfits.

When I put on today's outfit - I just knew it felt like me. It was more classic - simple - sophisticated - with just a pop of color (in the purse and also in a red hat I wore). I have been long admiring more simple chic looks but have just finally made it work for me. Now if only I am able to make that work with the wardrobe I have......


One of the reasons I like this dress is for the fun "bubble" effect. Can you see it from the side? Makes for a good booty day!


Close up of necklace.

10 comments:

WendyB said...

Very cute!

SHOEGAL said...

I think your look is fairly classic anyway. I think you'll do just fine with what you have.

KT said...

This is a good look for you. I like it!

Nicole said...

This is probably my favorite look so far! It's very flattering on your figure, and it's the first time that I've wanted to replicate the same look at home. Good work!! :)

Anonymous said...

This would have looked great with some red shoes too! But overall and great classic combination.

Paul said...

You look great here suits you very much

KT said...

If you haven't already, you should check out the Naughty Monkey brand of shoe. They have some really cute things and they are fun way to spice up your basics. They carry a pretty good selection at www.endless.com
*Naughty Monkey shoes are a 100% guarantee for compliments too!

WundaLucy said...

Love this outfit. This is really similar to an outfit I wear to work, with the beads too!
I always feel like a schoolgirl again, but I feel the difference is in the shoes, bag and accessories.

Kira Fashion said...

myb fav. look!

a kiss and a hug,

keep in touch!

Elegance Personified said...

I do agree, your style is changing and evolving. One of your BEST outfits, YET. Love the layered look with the dress and button-down shirt. Absolutely love the shoes & necklace. =)