Tuesday, January 1, 2008

To Wear or Not to Wear?

Blue Top: Beiza. Green Skirt: SO. Silver Pointy Flats: New York Transit. Dark Denim Jeans: Express Jeans Studio.

Okay, so I have forever and a day been seeing people wearing these adorable footless tights, but I just never have thought it is something that would suit me quite right. It seems, I don't know, maybe too mod or young or something for me... I tried them today and I think I have confirmed my notion that they are not particularly great on me. The tights cut my leg line and the flats with the short skirt create a heavier rather than slender line.

I wore the skirt and tights outfit around the house for a while, but ended up changing into the dark wash jeans before leaving the house -- the cold weather and my fashion conscience just wouldn't let me wear them, at least not today. What do you think?



9 comments:

WendyB said...

I think the footless tights might work with some outfit, but if I have to pick between these two outfits, I prefer the pants. It's just a sleeker look.

SHOEGAL said...

I quite like them on you but I see what you mean about them changing the shape of your legs. If you're not happy with them, don't wear them.

Vicki said...

I agree with you, not a good look. Maybe if the skirt was longer?

Anonymous said...

Definately an out ... the pants are much, much better!

V. said...

Maybe you should go with a nice fun dress and the tights underneath. I know some ppl have major issues with that, but it looks good if it's with the right dress. Something dark, like the tights, and not too restricting. Maybe even a sweater dress would go well. I think the tights look great on you though. Keep trying! :)

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with your judgement, the jeans look is so much better. The skirt and tights make your bottom half look bigger that I'm sure it really is. Stick with the sleek look of the jeans.

Lisa

Sara said...

The footless tights are too sheer anyway. I don't think anyone looks good in them personally...unless you're super tall. They just make everyone look short and stumpy. Good choice with the dark wash jeans!

Anonymous said...

I think you have nice legs, and I like the tights!

Chris said...

I personally agree. I have a curvy bottom half like you, and they have the same effect on my body. But I would have tried them just like you did, so way to be adventurous!