Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I've Been Tagged

I had someone tag me a few weeks ago, so here goes!

7 Things You May Not Know About Me:

1) I am looking into starting my own image consulting company. I would love to help people define their look, figure out what clothing colors and cuts suit them best, as well as to assist in things like personal presentation, professional confidence, etc. I love style, fashion, and shopping, and I am a huge advocate for personal care as well as self growth and self nurturing, so this is something that would be my dream! I am looking into details right now, so you may hear more about this down the road. Anyone interested in being my first client?


2) I was born in Texas, and lived there until I was 5 years old. I spent the majority of my growing up years in Minnesota, and after graduating high school, moved with my family to Kentucky. As most of you will know (if you are consistent blog readers), I have now crossed the border to Ohio where I live with my boyfriend.


3)I struggle between being an ambitious, take over the world, career driven woman; and being the domestic, cooking, decorating, more family oriented woman. I have a very creative and maternal side of me that I unfortunately don’t often get to encourage within the corporate world. Growing up, I actually wanted to be an artist or fashion designer (or even a chef!) but those dreams ended up being set aside for more practical goals. I threw myself into my studies, became an Honor student who had panic attacks if I received any grades that were less than an A, and now find myself focusing on spreadsheets and documents instead of paints and fabrics. To cultivate my creative longings now, I cook at home and enjoy shopping and browsing fashion magazines. If this consulting side business takes off, then maybe the struggle will be over!


4) In 2004, I was 4 days away from being married. I had a long term relationship with the “boy-next-door” that ended up in a mess of lies and betrayal. We definitely had being growing in different directions that last year, but somehow I don’t think I wanted to notice it. I think it was somehow easier to pretend nothing was wrong than to face the facts and completely change everything I had planned for my future. I am so happy to be in such a great relationship right now, but I do still struggle with feelings of insecurity and jealousy because of past experiences. I suppose that will lessen in time. . .


5) On the lighter side of things, I am dying to get a puppy! Unfortunately, our new homeowners association does not allow dogs, so we will have to wait a few years before we can get one. Our association does allow cats, but even though I think cats are fun, I just don’t think I’d ever want one. I agree with the saying that “there are dog lovers and there are crazy cat lovers” (okay, I added the crazy part…) -- I just happen to be the dog lover.


6) I love to travel and never get to do it enough! Favorite places that I’ve visited: Liverpool, England and Maui, Hawaii. Next places on my list that I would like to go: Italy and Puerto Rico.


7) I am a Leo. My birthday is August 14. My boyfriend is a Leo too. Yikes! If you know anything about Astrology, this theory would state that we are both very confident, outspoken, driven, attention grabbing, self assured people. My man laughs at astrology, but I swear we have these traits! Thankfully, we still compliment each other very well and are not overly-Leo-ish.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't agree with your comment in number 5. there are lots of people who love both cats AND dogs. you can't diss loving a cat until you have one and know how fun they really are.

Gervy said...

Anonymous is WRONG. Cats are usually horrible and dogs are the best. Kasmira's preference for cats must be her only flaw!

Seriously... I loved this post. It's great to learn more about the real girl whose clothing choices I check out most days! I am sorry to hear about your disastrous 2004 - but better I guess to find out before the wedding than after!(I know, you've heard that thousands of times already, doesn't make it any easier). And it certainly looks like you've got your life back together beautifully. x

Vicki said...

Mmm, my mum is a Leo (Aug 12) but she has none of those traits!?

I hope you do get to nuture your more creative side more often. Good luck with the image consulting!

Tiffany said...

I'll be your first client, then maybe I'll actually post something on my blog. I told you I read yours :)

Londyn said...

Thanks for the comments gervy :)

Tiffany you crazy girl -- you need to send me your link!

Melody said...

Loved reading your facts! I'm sorry for your heartbreak, but it sounds like you're in a much happier relationship now. Definitely keep us posted on your image consulting company. It sounds very interesting.

SHOEGAL said...

I love these posts where you learn about the people whose blogs you read on a daily basis. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I believe in astrology too. If it's any help, my husband and I are both Capricorns. We really do compliment each other well. I think you two will be fine together. Thanks for sharing. It was fun to get to know you better!

LP

Danielle M. Green said...

Thank you so much for writing about you not getting married. I am going through the same thing right now. Thank you it made a feel a whole lot better.

Mrs. Makeover said...

Did your image consulting biz ever take off? I'm in dire need of help!

Elegance Personified said...

I just read this post. I have been reading your blogs in a row, from the very first one. It is nice to get to know you better. Good Luck with everything, especially in your Business Consulting Firm. I love Shopping, Fashion & Style too so that would be something I would be into, too. Hell, I'll be your first customer.

By the way, I just read you're in Ohio. We are in Neighbour States, not too dar at all, as I live in MI.

PLease check out my blog. I am new to Blogging.

http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Ada. =)