Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Special Day.....In Barbie's Shoes

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday dear meeeee, Happy Birthday to me!!!! Can you guess what day today is?

My last couple of birthdays have not really been that great and unfortunately I am not sure that this year will be much better. I am, however, trying to have a positive attitude, so I made sure to put on an outfit this morning that would make me smile -- and some hot pink shoes to boot!

I always feel like Barbie when I where these shoes. I swear they look exactly like the little pink plastic heels I used to cram on my Barbies' feet all those years ago. Even though I hate the sexist iconic view of "the perfect woman" -- I kinda like her shoes....

12 comments:

Melody said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Vicki said...

Happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!

SHOEGAL said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday! Hope you had a good one. Love the shoes!!

Kasmira said...

Happy Birthday! You (and your feet)look adorable.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Miss Welby said...

sorry I'm late: happy birthday sexy shoes!

Anonymous said...

That dress is ADORE-able!! Where is it from?

Lynne said...

Happy birthday - hope you have a great day!

Londyn said...

Thanks everyone!!!

The dress is from VintageAmore.com. The shoes are Steve Madden.

vintagemode said...

It looks fabulous! We have the same birthday too! Happy belated birthday!

Foxy said...

Those shoes are so cute

Elegance Personified said...

I really like the Pink Pumps and I agree with you about them being Barbie Shoes. But what I especially love & adore is your beautiful dress with big, popping, hot pink flowers.

I tend to dress up more and look prettier myself, for the workday the day that happens to be my birthday. You certainly looked like THE BIRTHDAY GIRL that year, in 2007. And may you have Many More Happy Birthdays each year to come and Many More Happy Daysssss!!

Finallyyyy... GOOD NIGHT!!