There’s just a bit of chill in the air in Cincinnati, so I decided to pull out my navy body-con Diane von Furstenburg dress – comfy stretch cotton and half sleeves to keep me toasty. It’s the first time I’ve worn it post pregnancy, so had to get used to a more clingy fit.
For accessories, in addition to fun hosiery and gold tipped pumps, cranberry and taupe nails were my finishing touch.
Wearing this body-con dress reminds me how completely not fun it is to lose those remaining pregnancy pounds. What’s funny is that I’m less concerned with my current figure than I am with being able to fit into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. I refuse to buy a new wardrobe! So for now I’m saying adieu to BBQ, pizza, pasta and casseroles of all kinds… I’ll miss you and I’ll see you again, I promise!
I had relatively no luck at all in losing anything until I drastically changed my eating, but now am finally starting to see some results. It’s challenging since I’m still making lots of meat and potatoes dishes at home for the man, but at least now that the scale has started to move it’s a little easier to stay motivated. Here’s what my daily plan looks like:
Breakfast options: start every morning with hot water and lemon to boost metabolism!
- Green smoothie
- Hardboiled egg, asparagus, roasted tomatoes & red peppers
- Oatmeal with nuts and berries
- Salad with tons of veggies and grilled chicken
- Vegetable soup (split pea, lentil, veggie chili, etc…), apple
- Grilled chicken, roasted vegetables
- Salad with tons of veggies and grilled chicken, optional side of veggie soup
- Veggie burger (sans bun) with baked sweet potato fries
While my Italian grandfather may be rolling over in his grave with these menu options, at least I know it will work to get me back to where I want to be. Wardrobe here I come!
Do you have a fitness tip or routine to share?